Friday, January 15, 2010

My Christian Louboutin studded Very Prives...in ELLE...on Britney Spears



I bought these shoes in October 2009. I saw them on various girls' feet on The Purse Forum and really thought they weren't for me. After all, I'm not a biker chick. I don't own even one leather jacket or have any tattoos. But after seeing these shoes pictured on the feet of a particular girl on The Purse Forum (who wore them with gorgeous gray nail polish on her toes), a voice inside my head finally said, "You NEED those shoes". I sent a private message to that girl, and she helpfully gave me the name and phone number of the salesman who sold them to her. I called the salesman the next day, and he found the shoes in my size! They arrived at my door within a week, and luckily, they fit! And I also found that they really were for me! They allow me to show off my wild side without shoving it in other people's faces. I love pairing them with my California-cool outfits of V-neck James Perse tees with designer jeans. I get to give a little surprise to these plain outfits each time I walk or stretch my legs when I sit. I also get to subtly show off my pedicures, making it much sexier to do that than when I wear my usual flip-flops.

Then when I happened to pick up the January 2010 issue of Elle, I saw that Britney Spears was wearing them in the fashion spread. How cool is that?! I can't say I'm her biggest fan, but I'm not annoyed by her. I just think it's really cool when an item I own shows up in magazines. Yeah, I could do a Web search and find digital images of celebrities wearing various things, but nothing's the same as cutting the images from the glossy pages and pasting it on another paper, then putting the paper inside a page protector, then putting the page protector inside a binder, along with clippings of pictures of other items you own that were in other magazines (yes, I actually do this, and I almost shamefacedly admit that this binder is stuffed to the gills).

No comments: