Sunday, November 20, 2011

Orange Sunshine

There's something happening in LA today that happens only a few times a year: rain. I don't feel like going out and getting all wet. I'm also feeling a little under the weather right now (pun intended!), and I HAVE to go to work tomorrow. So I'm staying home today-all day.

Being that I'm back in a Hermes state of mind (after a LONG absence), and that it's raining today, I decided to make my own sunshine-with orange boxes. It's fitting
also because I'm trying to scale back on luxury purchases, and one of the best ways to do that is to take inventory of what I already have. It's like shopping in my closet! I went through my closets and drawers and gathered all the orange boxes I could find I realized that I'm sitting on an (orange) gold mine! I'd forgotten about all the goodies I had and it was so thrilling to rediscover them.

I know that you, my readers, wants to see what's in those boxes. Well, I love reveals and I love teases. I also love stories, and each of these items has a little story. So instead of having extremely long entries, I'm breaking the items into categories, one revealed each day this week.

We begin with clothing. Here I have a brown cotton V-neck shell, a chunky charcoal alpaca wool turtleneck sweater, and a purple-gray sleeveless cashmere turtleneck sweater. I spotted the shell during a sale. I was ready to leave, after being disappointed with not finding anything. Then I tried it on, and I thought it would be a nice addition to my wardrobe, so I bought it. The other 2 were purchased at full-price. I just saw them, and I decided I wanted them. The gray sweater is sooo cozy. It's too bad that LA weather rarely gets cold enough to wear it, but maybe when I'm in a cooler-weather climate in the winter, I can sport it then ;)

People will splurge on Hermes bags and accessories, but I don't hear much buzz about the clothing. I guess because, for clothing, there are infinite options. You can get clothing of good quality that's also inexpensive. However, if you decide to splurge on Hermes clothing, know that you're getting the best of the best. I came upon this info after asking my sales associate why my sleeveless sweater had a "Made in Scotland" label: Hermes is a French company (obviously), but the best cashmere comes from Scotland, so from Scotland is where Hermes gets their cashmere. Quality at its best indeed.

Tomorrow's category: shoes.

No comments: