Monday, November 14, 2011

Everything's Better with Music

Work has been stressful for quite some time now. It's not getting any better. In this economy, though, I'd be a fool to quit. If I want to reach my goals, I have to stick it out, at least for a little while longer.

One day, a few months ago, I did something small: I turned on the radio. It's a very old one, and there's only one good FM station that we can get without all the static. But it's something, and it's good enough. I've believed in the power of music for a long time now. I played the piano as a child, and I've been thinking of relearning. I'm taking up dance classes lately, and it helps with the stress a little. At least I can concentrate on learning new moves after work, instead of how much pressure I experienced earlier in the day.

To my pleasant surprise, I received a package from my tpf secret buddy today. I put the Kings of Leon CD, Only by the Night, on my wishlist. Of all the things on it, I was hoping that this would be the thing I'd get. I got what I wanted...it was inside the package! Here's a pic of all the gifts I got from rock_girl (see pic on left). In addition to the CD, I got the Madeleine Wickham book, 40 Love; a pair of Havaianas (perfect for us LA girls, who can wear them all year-round); gummy candies; a sweet-smelling candle; note cards from my favorite card store, Papyrus; a gift card and compact mirror from Sephora; and a red glitter heel ornament (see pic on right). Don't you love the card?! It's also from Papyrus, and the shoe on it looks just like my Christian Louboutin studded Very Prive.

I got a chance to listen to just the first few beats of most of the songs on Only by the Night, and boy, they were all good. I didn't have time to listen to more than one whole song, and for that, I picked "Sex on Fire". For 3 and 1/2 minutes, I decided to forget about work and just lose myself in the song. Whoa...this is a truly sensual song. I can't wait to listen to it again, and I can't wait to listen to all the other songs, too. I think I'll actually look forward to the long commute to work. As far as what will happen after I arrive...we'll see...but maybe I can sneak Kings of Leon into my desk to make the day go by more smoothly.

No comments: