Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Hard Work Is Finally Paying Off

I've been slaving away at my job for the past 4 years, taking abuse from patients and their family members and other staff, but mostly from management. As someone who has always had a strong work ethic, I always put my best effort in, regardless of the results. Finally...the little guy (girl) is catching a break!

I was just about to go home from work today when I decided to check my email one last time. Surprise! I got a very nice email stating, "Congratulations, R! Your application for student loan repayment has been approved!". Yay! I applied for this program 6 months ago. I had only a day to fill ou the application, and I knew it was a long shot, but I gave it a try anyway. The idea behind this program was to serve as an incentive to retain employees the company felt was deserving of the honor because they are so great the company doesn't want to lose them to other companies. One obstacle in the way of my huge goal, on which I am 100% focused, is my student loan. I'm now facing the possibility that I may never have to pay another cent toward it. I worked hard in school to get my Master's degree, and I worked hard for 7 years after it, and now I'm catching a break. I'm so grateful I'm almost in tears (seriously)!

No comments: