Friday, August 31, 2012

Bye-bye, Raspberry Babies!

Hi, dear readers. For those of you in the United States, I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I'm staying home, but for those of you going wonderful places, take me with you in spirit. May we return home safely and well-relaxed. I think the farthest I'll physically venture this weekend is Beverly Hills lol
Anyway, the closet cleanout continues. I said good-bye to the beautiful pair pictured on this entry, my framboise suede Christian Louboutin Madame Butterfly booties. To work toward my goal, I have to "Sophie's choice" my shoe collection. So I ended up literally listing all my CL shoes on paper and found that I had 24 pairs left in my collection. Initially, I decided that 20 was the maximum number to have, but I decided to change it to lucky number 21. I highlighted all the ones I HAD to keep and made sure to leave out 3. One of them was the framboise MBBs. I was so excited to get them last year, but in 14 months, I never found the opportunity to wear them outside my house. I thought of getting rid of them sooner, but whenever I took them out of the box, I'd change my mind. No looking back, just rip the band-aid off, DQ, and let them go. The universe must've heard me cuz I got a reasonable offer for them immediately, from a grateful woman in New Jersey. She'd been looking for this pair for a while, and now she's getting them brand-new and below retail. I hope she gets her Cinderella moment in them. They're on their way to her as I type. Sniff-sniff
Oh, well, I still have my bad-a$z black leather MBBs. The great thing about the cleaning of the closet is that whatever is left gets appreciated more. I will NOT fall into old habits and look to add to the collection to replace what I let go, at least not right now. I will NOT fall into old habits...

No comments: