Thursday, September 20, 2012

Calm Blue Ocean, Calm Blue Ocean...

Sooo much drama in the Drama Queen's life lately. 

I don't want to bore you too much with every last detail of every last situation, so I'll choose to talk about the drama that's fashion-related.

I've been on this closet-cleaning kick lately, and for the most part, it's been going well.  I've been selling on ebay for more than 5 years, and after almost 200 sales, I've been lucky...until last week.  I got hit with not one but TWO cases of "item significantly not as described" from buyers claiming that the items I sold them were not authentic.  Both were high-end designer items, and both ARE authentic.  The DQ does not do fake.  The DQ doesn't even buy online.  The DQ works really hard and saves her money to buy less, but the better and real thing.  I provided the bitches with the receipts and photos to prove the items' authenticities, but both insisted on refunds and sent totally nasty messages to me demanding refunds. 

Instead of taking a chance on escalating and being in the 99% of cases in which ebay sides with the buyer, I decided to refund the bitches.  I'm done with ebay after this, and seeing the slow sales lately are making me chuckle just a bit.  If sellers don't feel valued, then there will be nothing to sell, and ebay doesn't get their commissions.  OK, ebay's a big company, and there will always be people looking to unload their stuff even for just chump change, but I don't have to be a part of it.  I think I'd rather hold onto my stuff or give it away for free to friends and family.  BTW, do NOT sell to or buy from dproby2011 or sara_spendersara was the worse of the 2.  She told me she took her item to a Hermes store (and was allegedly told it was fake), but I know the store she reportedly took it to, and I know those salespeople don't authenticate items from ebay, and I'm a well-known customer at that store.  She also threatened to give me negative feedback if she didn't get her refund immediately, which is considered "feedback extortion" and against ebay rules.  Oh, well, sara doesn't deserve the joy of owning a real Hermes item, which makes it wonderful she doesn't get to keep mine at the discount price she paid for it.


Ugh...so over ebay...so over the drama, so on Sunday, I headed to the beach.  I thought about inviting a friend, but later decided I needed to think, so I decided to go alone.  Someone once told me that looking at the ocean makes you forget your problems cuz looking at the ocean makes you realize how small you really are (and if you're DQ, you're really small!).  It's true.  I took a couple of pics of the Pacific Ocean from my car, which I posted here for you to see.  It took me only 20 minutes to drive there, so I think I will be returning the next time I need to think.

BTW, the title is a line from an episode of my favorite TV show, "The Simpsons".

No comments: