Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Someone In Your Corner

I've never been a fan of "The Real Housewives of Orange County". I've missed several episodes, but because my favorite show has been canceled ("Ringer"), and I no longer have a show to look forward to on Tuesday nights, I tuned in. I came upon the episode in which the women take a trip to Costa Rica. They're having dinner, and 3 of the 4 other women gang up on Alexis, calling her "phony", Tamra even yelling at her. One of the others, Gretchen, was supposed to be a good friend. Of the few episodes I've seen, Tamra appears to be really mean and nasty. They accused Alexis of being "materialistic", but they all are. All of them are driving around in luxury cars and showcasing their multimillion dollar homes on TV. Look, I understand why people dislike Alexis. However, no one deserves to be ganged up on. I've been her...more than once, and it really sucks. You rack your brain trying to figure out where you went wrong, but then, when you gain strength and confidence, you realize that the bullies have the issue, not you.

Somone in your corner is always a good thing. Sometimes, that someone isn't physically there, but you know they would be if they could. I'm lucky to have such a supportive family, and I know they're always in my corner. Also, I'm Filipina, so I've got a big family! One thing I'm proud to be is that person in the corner. Another awesome Scorpio trait: severe loyalty.

No comments: