Saturday, January 8, 2011

Bad-A$z

I had a particularly rough Friday (yesterday). I nearly cried, as I always do when I find that the loyalty I give to my friends isn't returned. Late that afternoon, I just suddenly had this urge to get a mani/pedi. Fortunately, there's a nail salon by my house that does a quick, yet thorough job for just $20, so I ended up there. I was settled on black (to go with my mood), but then saw this gorgeous deep slightly shimmery burgundy. The sticker on the OPI bottle that has the color name was peeled off, so I can't be sure, but I believe I've had this color before and it's called "Midnight in Moscow".

I was still feeling rotten today, so as I settled into my Saturday night routine of watching "48 Hours Mystery" (I see absolutely no point in celebrating the weekend in Hollywood with the crowds and receiving bad service in restaurants on these nights), I decided to play with my new babies, my Christian Louboutin black Clou Noeud platforms, with the 150 mm heel. I normally wear a 38.5 in CL slingbacks, but these are a 39. They're actually doable, but I put some gel pads that I picked up at Walgreens inside them just to make them fit a little better, and they do. I hate to reveal the sources of my purchases publicly, but I got these on sale! I had been told by a very rude Christian Louboutin Miami staff member that they sold out more than 3 months ago (I'm NEVER buying anything from there-he was sooooo rude in the way he spoke to me), but they turned up somewhere else, and now they're mine! I put them on today and posed with them (I even did the pose inspired by Lovely&Amazing from tpf), and I just felt so bad-a$z wearing them, even in my $4 sweatpants purchased from KMart LOL.

Ah, the transformations made possible through the simple action of putting on a shoe...
the 2011 Holiday guide of Guitar World (former Playboy model/ex-girlfriend of Hugh Hefner/reality TV star/Las Vegas performer Holly Madison wears my shoes!)

7 comments:

L said...

Sorry you had a bad day but a nice mani and some awesome shoes are always a good thing!

Drama Queen said...

Thank you so much! And you're so right!

Lola said...

Very nice! what number are these? Perhaps #30? Have you considered selling any of your old pairs?

Loubouholic said...

Oh you had bad service at the Miami boutique as well? I swore never to purchase another thing from them because the service was just AWFUL. But I'm glad the shoes were able to make your day so much better. CLs have the tendency to do that.

Drama Queen said...

Loubouholic: Yes, I really did have bad service at Miami. The guy was very snobby and mean. It doesn't matter, though, I've got great relationships with plenty of SAs at the boutiques and the deparment stores, so I'm good. And great shoes really do make a day bright!

Lola: This is actually pair #21. I have sold a few of my older pairs. If I just can't see myself wearing them, then I put them up for sale. However, I do have a couple I have for the sake of having. Examples are my nude Youpli and a pair of gray Declics that were signed by Msr. Louboutin.

Siobhan said...

I visited that boutique in February...their service leaves alot to be desired but one of the girls were wearing the Framboise Madame Butterfly and those won me over. So I went to tpf to figure out my size and got them from Barneys.

I dearly wish I could find the Clou Noeuds...*sigh*

Midnight in Moscow is one of my primary OPI colors...it's a deep brown. Also check out OPI Lincoln Park After Dark and Siberian Nights.

Drama Queen said...

Siobhan: Congrats on getting your framboise MBBs! They're so beautiful. I wish I could get them, but I really need to save the $. Sorry to hear that your experience wasn't good at Miami. I'm also sorry to say I'm not surprised, judging from how the SA I talked to spoke with me. I have OPI Lincoln Park after Dark, too. It's one of my go-tos during fall/winter. I'll look into Siberian Nights next time I paint my toes. Thanks!