Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Night with Cojo, the Hiltons, and Christian Louboutins

I was lucky enough to receive an invite to a party held this evening at the Christian Louboutin boutique in West Hollywood. The event was held in celebration of the special-edition Christian Louboutin Barbie doll. The doll was given to customers as a free gift with purchase, and the proceeds went to a very worthy charity.

Unfortunately, the shoe for which I am currently waiting to purchase hadn't arrived yet, so I was unable to purchase it at this event. There were other shoes I wanted, but this purchase for which I'm waiting is a big one, and since I just plunked down a few hundred bucks for a cruise and still want to save for retirement and emergencies, it was very unwise for me to purchase something today. So...no Barbie for me...but that's OK because the evening was pretty magical, regardless of that.

I arrived with my friend, T., who brought his friend, H., who was visiting from San Francisco. We sipped champagne and ate little snacks and sat around while basking in the glow of the glamorous ladies trying on sexy shoes and the celebrities. The first celebrity we spotted was Nicky Hilton, who was rocking a pair of studded Very Prives. I ended up telling her I loved her shoes and that I had a pair of my own. She smiled at me and politely said, "Thank you". Her family was also in attendance: mom Kathy, dad Rick, her cousins and aunts. Sister Paris showed up near the end, dressed in a black lace dress, fur bolero, and a pair of black patent Lady Page pumps. It was Paris's 29th birthday, which I realized after I overheard Kathy Hilton tell one of the sales associates, "I gave birth today. 29 years ago!". The Hilton family gathered with actress Lori Loughlin, who looked just as stunning as she did on the long-running 1980s TV show, "Full House".

The real highlight of the night for me was meeting fashion critic and TV personality Steven "Cojo" Cojocaru. I saw him talking with a couple of ladies and watched him the entire time. I knew I had to talk with him because my younger sister and I are fans of his. I was getting a little antsy because of the excitement of seeing him and briefly considered approaching him, but I didn't want to be rude and interrupt his conversations with the ladies. He finished, then started walking up the stairs, right in front of me! I opened my mouth, and before I knew it, the following words came out: "I just have to tell you that my sister and I are big fans of yours!". He seemed genuinely pleased to hear this and introduced himself. When I asked, he replied that he prefers to be called "Cojo" and joked that he felt like Madonna, being known by one name. He asked me my name and asked if my sister was there. I said no, sadly. We chatted a little, then I asked if I could take a picture with him, and he said yes! Aaaaaahhhh! I never ask celebrities to have a picture taken with me (I'm always too shy), but I took the leap, and it paid off! Afterward, he gave me a little advice: "Buy a pair of shoes. It's better than rent or eating!"...LOL...I'm telling you, in this city, you never know who you'll run into. I really wouldn't have thought I'd run into Cojo, even in my wildest dreams! Oh, and if any haters make any nasty comments about my new friend on my blog, they will be deleted immediately...and with a vengeance!

Just as I promised him, I checked out his website and bookmarked it (see my list of favorite sites on the side). I find it to be very entertaining and myself to be in agreeement with his comments, just like when I would watch him on "Entertainment Tonight".

4 comments:

Purse Addict said...

Yay, so glad you had a good time, R!!

erin said...

aww! sounds like you've been having fun lately :)

the CL barbie is very cool, but yeah definitely other priorities in money...

Mr Posh Spice said...

Thanks again for the invite! Now if only those Watersnake Alfreds would get here already! I have to tell you about the other pairs I'm working on at the moment! ;)

Cojo said...

Dear Delicious Drama Queen, a million air kisses to you for checking out my site and linking to it. The site is still being tooled with - it will have a lot more stuff on it in the coming months. In the meantime, may fab Louboutains fall from the sky and land at your door step. Cheers, Cojo