Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My (Early) Birthday Celebration 2010

My birthday isn't until 10/31, but due to the scheduling of this particular event, I celebrated it early. Because a relative hooked me up big time, I was able to attend this event with some friends from work. The event was last night, and it was a concert at the House of Blues Sunset Strip in West Hollywood, starring R&B singer Jason Derulo. His music has been featured in a couple of episodes of "Gossip Girl". On the show, Jason Derulo's 1st hit, "Whadja Say?" was played during the feuding Thanksgiving dinner scene last year.



Before the concert, we ate at The Stinking Rose, an Italian restaurant that serves food heavy on the garlic, in Beverly Hills. I eat at this place every year for my birthday. It's perfect because it's vampire-themed, and my birthday's on Halloween. Plus I love Twilight! I realize now that I've been there with several different groups. It's sad, kinda, I don't have consistent friends, but I'm also one who grows and evolves all the time, and sometimes that involves new friends. I was so nervous I barely touched my 40-clove garlic chicken and mashed potatoes or the yummy garlic bread. However, I did get my leftovers to go and drain my glass of Sauvignon Blanc. And the serving staff gave me a free garlic ice cream for my birthday. It's not as gross as it sounds. In fact, I really like it.



Then, we headed out to the Sunset Strip for the concert. We sat on the balcony, perfect for watching the show while getting to sit when you're tired. We danced, sang along, and screamed (and drank again, of course). I haven't had so much fun in a long time. There's something so liberating for me about being at a concert. I get into it and really don't care about what other people think. Jason Derulo is quite a performer. He sang all his hits, danced beautifully, and even did a tribute number to the late great Michael Jackson with his rendition of "Billie Jean". As pictures of the show were prohibited, I will post only the picture of me with the promo poster, taken in the ladies' room (tee-hee). I didn't end up wearing the Leifsdottir dress, as I felt it was too formal for a club. However, I did rock my new-again Paper Denim & Cloth Ripper jeans and Ya-Ya halter top.

2 comments:

The Backseat Stylers said...

Happy birthday!!! Sounds like you had a fab time. Jason DeRulo - how fun...his songs always get stuck in my head.

See you around TPF!

The Backseat Stylers

Drama Queen said...

Thanks! It was a great concert. So much fun! See ya around on tpf!