Sunday, October 10, 2010

Learn to Let Go...and Good Things Will Happen (Part I)

10/10/10: I just had to have an entry today. For the sake of the date, plus other things that have happened for me lately. Read below.

Imagine my surprise when I stepped onto the scale yesterday morning, after several days of not stepping on it. My eyes couldn't believe it. I was about 5 pounds lighter than I was the last time I stepped on it. Sometime within the last year (or maybe 2), I decided that I would accept my shape as it is. I'm a curvy gal, with boobs and a butt, and I'll never be Nicole Richie. I stopped caring, and now I'm the lightest I've been in about 5 years.

For the last 5 years or so, I haven't been able to wear my Paper Denim & Cloth Ripper jeans. I bought my first pair about 6 or 7 years ago and loved them so much I bought another pair. They were my favorite jeans, and I wore them everywhere until I sadly realized that I couldn't fit into them anymore. I normally sell or give away clothes I can't fit into, but a little voice told me to hold onto these 2 pairs.

Well, I'm glad I did! Not only is this style being discontinued, but as of yesterday, I can fit into them again! And it wasn't like I even shimmied to get into them-they glided easily over my hips! I was even able to stick my thumb inside the waistband! I was soooo ecstatic! I can't wait to wear them with a pair of Christian Louboutins (I'll have to, they're so long!).

And to think it all happened after I decided to let go and just let things happen. I think this is how I'll approach all the obstacles that come my way. Recently, I connected with A, a guy I'd met before and am interested in. I told my pal, J, while we were getting manis and pedis to let him know I was interested, so she did and gave him my phone #. He hasn't called, and it's been 4 days. I'm a little disappointed, but I'm going to just let it go. A is free to call or not, and I won't let this stop me. A may not be meant for me, but someone else out there will be, and I need to just let it happen.

I called this entry "Learn to Let Go...and Good Things Will Happen" (Part I) because I plan to make this something I do more often than just once.

Also, my mani/pedi I raved about in my last entry is still going strong! 11 days and counting!

No comments: