Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Thoughts on The Real Housewives of New Jersey

the cast of The Real Housewives of New Jersey-(Jacqueline, Theresa, Danielle, Dina, and Caroline)-obtained from the Star Ledger New Jersey website

Season #2 of The Real Housewives of New Jersey just wrapped. I know just because I've seen the commercials. I haven't actually watched the show in several weeks. Why? What's worth seeing? It's a bunch of trashy women who think they're so great, but they're not.

Since this is my blog, I'm going to freely write my opinion, though I know it's not a popular one. I don't have a favorite New Jersey (NJ) housewife, but if I had to pick one, it's Danielle. Yes, I know that other bloggers are labeling her a drama queen, criminal, liar, or all 3. But at least she didn't pretend to be some rich noblewoman like the other 4 did. She acknowledged her painful past and admitted to being broke.

Unlike Theresa Giudice, who owes $11 million to various creditors. There were so many scenes where she'd walk into the store, pick gaudy items out, then leave after spending thousands of dollars. It was later revealed in a magazine article that she was opening lines of credit in her parents' names, and even after she was exposed, she continues to shop at those same boutiques. Seriously, did she believe that having those items made her look classy? She still looks like trash to me. And her dumbass hubby confessed that they were spending money they didn't have because that's what the show's viewers wanted to see. They blame the economy for their money woes. They're idiots...don't they realize there are real victims of this gloom economy who actually deserve the sympathy?!

Caroline Manzo...I didn't find her interesting enough to follow, but she should've kept silent about Danielle. She would go on and on, but Caroline would just make herself look like a blundering idiot. The money spent on her Range Rover should've been put toward a college education for herself. She shouldn't be analyzing Danielle's personality on the air because those of us who are educated can tell she doesn't know what she's talking about! And she's no saint, either.

The worst offender has to be Jacqueline Laurita. Ugh...no one disgusted me more than her! Her daughter's a spoiled brat, but it's totally Jacqueline's fault. Jacqueline should've spent her time raising her right rather than showing off her fake boobs while searching for a rich hubby and partying with her gal pals as if they're 18-year-old sorority girls. When her daughter, Ashley, pulled Danielle's hair at the country club, Jacqueline and her idiot hubby Chris told Ashley that she shouldn't have done it because Danielle's crazy. If Jacqueline and Chris were decent people, they'd be more concerned that Ashley was causing physical harm to someone, even if that someone was Danielle. Newsflash: it's NEVER OK to harm a human being, no matter who they are. My mom taught me that, and other decent moms tell their kids the same thing. Ashley deserves the maximum sentence. If her own parents can't teach her common sense, then the law should. Also, Ashley stated that she pulled Danielle's hair in defense of her mother. Another example of bad parenting: why's she even involved in their conflicts? To this day, at 31 years of age, I STILL don't know if my mom hates or has ever hated anyone. I know people have hurt her, but my mom's such a gracious women that I couldn't tell if she even did so much as dislike them. She wants me to believe people are generally good and to not have the negative energy required for hating people.

While searching online, I found out that Bravo announced that Danielle was leaving the show. You go, girl! Go find something better for yourself and your daughters. The Real Housewives of NJ will be a boring show without you. So much air time was dedicated to the other cast members talking shit about Danielle, so now what'll they do?! Their lives aren't interesting enough to yield material for the show now that Danielle won't be starring in it. And if you don't believe me, go to the Bravo network website. Danielle's blogs have many more hits and comments than the others. She's still the most talked-about NJ housewife, and she will be for years to come (though I doubt the show will last more than 2 without her).

1 comment:

Jenn said...

people just LOVE drama! That's why she was such a hit!