Monday, May 24, 2010

Party at Hermes, 5/19/10

Last Wednesday, May 19, I went with my friends T. and G. to a party at the Hermes boutique in Beverly Hills. In addition to being a promotion to special customers of Hermes, it was also a fundraiser for the charity Save the Beaches (who provided the awesome gift bags). A specially-designed towel was for sale at this event, and an art auction was also part of the festivities. One piece of art sold for $40K! Wowee! They served champagne and delicious snacks, including tiny cones with butter pecan ice cream and macarons. It turned out that I was one of the very few women NOT wearing black (lol).

Of course, T., G., and I drooled over the bags that were in the glass display cases. We saw a blue jean shoulder Birkin with palladium hardware. I'm soooo glad I already have a blue jean Birkin, as I would've been tempted to purchase the shoulder version that night if I didn't. We also got to meet the new boutique craftsman. He had an adorable French accent and is so handsome! I look forward to the day I have to bring a bag in for cleaning =)

As far as celebrity spotting goes, it's inevitable at these things. Rob Lowe was hosting, but he had left before we got there. Brent Bolthouse was the DJ (he made a few appearances on the MTV reality show, "The Hills"), and Shenae Grimes from the new version of the TV show "Beverly Hills 90210" was also there. She looked fabulous in a fur wrap and black heels. I was able to get a not-so-great pic of her chatting with Brent (on the left) and another one with her male friend (unclear if he was her boyfriend or not), but that pic was even worse.






my outfit for the party: a floral Kate Spade dress (originally bought to wear to the ballet in St. Petersburg, Russia last year, but it rained that night, and I didn't feel like wearing it) with my red lizard Christian Louboutin Simple pumps (autographed by him on 4/28/10!)



the gift bag from the party, provided by Save the Beaches with the famous trademark orange Hermes shopping bag: a Save the Beaches T-shirt (love the graphics!), a white bracelet, and a pencil

No comments: