Sunday, May 1, 2011

MayDay Update, Including More Spring Purchases

It's time for another update. This past week has been really busy. Work is hectic, stressful at times. At least, though, I got to unwind with a couple of friends and some much-needed alcoholic refreshment :)



I'm continuing to lose weight. I'm definitely not at my final goal yet, but I'm closer. I have about 17 pounds to go. The best part is that I really don't care. I'm fine with how I look now, but since it's coming off, I might as well set a goal. So what to do when you're no longer fitting into your clothes? Buy new ones, of course. Being that it's now Spring, it's time for breezy dresses. I happened to find one at Bloomingdale's on Wednesday evening, as I was picking up some new skin care products from my fave Clarins sales associate. It was a white Juicy Couture ruffled terry mini (not so "mini" on 5'3" me, of course), but it retailed for $148, more than I wanted to pay. Walking through Bloomingdale's again today, though, I saw their Juicy was all marked at 30% off. Still a little more than I wanted to pay, but there were only 3 of this dress left in the store, and 1 was a P. I took it to the cash register, and my total came out to $86.26! WTF (I happily exclaimed)?! The SA then explained that due to their Private sale going on this weekend, an extra $25 was taken off purchases of $100 or more. Yay! Though I wasn't exactly living in misery, I did miss a few things when I was heavier. I missed wearing Juicy. Their sizing runs so small, and at that time, I couldn't even wear their XL. Well, now I can easily slip into their L (only with Juicy is a size 6 a L!). And I love love love this dress and how I look in it. I took a view of the front and the back. It is NOT easy to photograph oneself while wearing the outfit you're trying to photograph. Anyway, I plan to wear the dress out shopping or to lunch at an outdoor cafe...or perhaps on a date. Speaking of which...


No news on the dating front. I saw one of the men I talked about earlier today, at a group luncheon. He looked good, and when we parted ways, he gave me a nice hug, but really nothing has happened. Oh, well...

I re-did my nails with Sally Hansen Salon Effects. Being Spring and all, I thought butterflies were in order.

No comments: